On Saturday David and I remarked to each other how amazingly calm it was. Kind of like a calm before a storm. But "storm" evokes thoughts of damage and highwinds...so not exactly a storm. But definitely a very still calm. A year from now it will be amazing to see how our family dynamics have changed and how we find ourselves spending our time. Things will definitely be different next year - good - but different. I suspect it is like those days before the birth of your second child (or third)- when you know everything will be different, it's coming and there is no stopping it - not that you would. But you soak up the feeling of how it is now. And you put it somewhere in your memory so that you will not forget.
But you do, (almost) because life is so rich with the addition of a new life that you could never have imagined your family without them. So - for now we soak it up and dream of what will be.
Today we find ourselves still waiting for the actual Travel Approval - the piece of paper that arrives in Texas. As many years as I have spent on this road of faith - I have come to acknowledge that God's "sweet spot" seems to be the last minute. And even though I know this - I am astounded by how last minute His last minute can be!! So - I trust that His timing is perfect for reasons and ways that I cannot know. My spiritual heart is calm but my human heart?? wound so tight that I could light up Atlanta! ...now.... a TA now would be just fine.
For the curious -we are "virtually packed"... Zoe's stuff is done, gifts, food (a little precautionary measure for my boys who think they can get sesame chicken - like here in Roswell - in China) , a plethora of medicine and OTC supplies (lots of pink bottles of Pepto for the experiences with the sesame chicken which is NOT like here in Roswell), paperwork, cash (fresh $100 dollar bills with no marks or tears), Chinese visas, airplane tickets...and anything not in a suitcase - is being washed or I know where it is. I could leave tomorrow. (God, are you listening?? Of course you are!! You know when we leave and when we return. So wish you would share the details)
My dearest friend Susan, has graciously offered to have Kelsie (our giant schnauzer) spend a few weeks with her. I am taking Kelsie to be groomed so she will be all stylish for her "vacation" in the city! I know she will have a good time - I just hope I don't have to kidnap her back!! :-) I suspect Zoe has not seen a Giant Schnauzer...I am definately praying about this and thinking of ways to ease her into this relationship. Hopefully they will become best buddies!
Anyone want a rabbit?
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment