Important Timelines

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A few pictures from today





We found a Pizza Hut (yes, we are totally wimps) in Hefei and walked there for lunch. Great news is that she loves pizza!! (also french fries with ketchup) These are from then and from our visit to the Civil Affairs office earlier.

Later on Zoe and I went shopping with a few others from our group. We were taken to a nearby department store. I definitely have a new respect for American retail! The language is of course a challenge but you have to take your receipt to a cashier - pay and then go back and get your stuff. I have not had much success with them waiting to write it up until I am done. So - it becomes more complicated. We bought some toys - a Barbie, playdough, and ... a car. Yes, she loves cars!! She is going to be in heaven when we get home!!!!

We went without the boys - who stayed and went swimming with dad. She told our guide that she missed her brothers - and could not wait to be back playing with them. Unfortunately she seems very attracted to their gameboys. Hmmmmm.

Tonight we went to a dinner wtih the other families in our group. Our wonderful guide, Veronica, set it up and ordered for us. It was great!

She is definately taken with her daddy today. Reaching for his hand and watching his every move. She absolutely pegged him at lunch by returning a silly face of his with a replica of hers. It left him speechless. We laughed out loud. She clearly enjoys the attention!

We are wiped out - Skylar did not even make it through dinner. Tomorrow we are headed to the zoo and Chuzhou on Thursday.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Zoe is getting more adorable by the nano-second. Yup..As you know...jade Loves cars and dinosaurs, and drawing....do they sound like sisters....aahhhh yaaahhhhhh! She sounds like a riot. Loving every photo and the narative that goes along. How did she do in her first bath? The dept store check out is reallly quite interesting...still part of the communistist government with the many verifications. Enjoy the Zoo..and hello to Director Dou!All our love!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alisa

Lori Hagewood said...

Thanks for the update! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures ... That is amazing that she likes fries and pizza, and most of all CARS!! Jonathan will DEFINITELY have fun with her! And, she will have so much fun when she gets home. I bet you're hoping the guide would come home with you, huh? (for translation purposes) What is the plan for when you get back, for her to learn English?

Anonymous said...

is anyone else having as much fun as i am watching this journey unfold :-) .... she is definitely your kid [Monica]... but OF COURSE she's into Gameboy --- wait until she gets her first iPod and PDA and cell phone and laptop..... LOL
Love, Kate

angie said...

What a beautiful smile :) I can't put into words how excited I am for you guys (I am sure Joe is tired of hearing me talk about Zoe Grace and what is happening day by day). She is just perfect! I am sure Chase is dying to meet her. She will love having 3 big brothers to look after her!

Can't wait to hear about the latest and to see more pictures...can't get enough!
~Angie

Unknown said...

Oh Monica!!! You made me cry! I am so HAPPY for you! All the waiting was worth it! She's even more wonderful in these pictures -- I can't wait to meet her!

She's definitely going to fit right in on the street of infinite boys, and she definitely has her mom's love of gadgets... I mean technology.

Anonymous said...

How exciting and wonderful all of this is. I am so excited for your family! How cool that she is such a pistol, too -- can't wait to meet her. Sophie is practicing her Chinese and wants to teach her some English words. Come home with your DAUGHTER soon!
Kim