What a day - and what a city!
We arrived in Shanghai right on schedule - and all taken into consideration - the trip has been great. The flight to LA was long - but not nearly as long (so it seemed) as running between terminals to catch the flight to Tokyo! Very weird - they sent us through a parking deck with virtually no walkway or indicators! We made it just in time to get in line and jump on the plane to Japan.
The flight was fine - just very very long. The boys finally slept - but I had to stay awake to make sure that Skylar did not kick the guy beside us!! UGH! Very glad to get off that plane and by the time we arrived in Tokyo our flight to Shanghai was boarding! No margin in this day!! I did finally sleep a little on the plane to Shanghai! David - who says he doesn't think he slept - TOTALLY slept! He falls asleep on a plane in about 10 seconds! I am so jealous!
We had an interesting companion on the plane - a military dog. He was a German Shephard and was VERY protective of his handler (a little scary!) and even watched the take off out the window. However, about 8 hours into the trip I started thinking...how is this dog going to make it without "going for a walk"..so to speak. I decided I just didn't want to know!
The boys are doing really great! Grayson has been working on his journal for school and he and I have learned a new card game he got for Christmas.
Shanghai is absolutely amazing and seemingly infinite! The new airport is really outstanding (LAX should get some ideas!) Hopefully tomorrow I will figure out how to upload pictures...it is not working tonight. :-(
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment