Important Timelines

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Whoooo hooooo!

Wow. This could not have gone better! And let me tell you that we have a little spitfire on our hands - shy? NOT!

Where do I begin...we arrived at the Civil Affairs, heading up to the 7th floor. As we were walking down the hall THERE SHE WAS! I can't exlain the emotions - she was shy (that was probably the last time I will use that adjective) at first and her nannies recognized us and helped with the introduction. Skylar gave her the rabbit (made especially for her at build-a-bear) and Grayson took a long time to figure out what was happening.

Then - she had to stay in the hall while we went into the room where we would "officially" be introduced! Okay - so it gave me time to cry and then pull my act together.

I will try to go into more specifics - but bottom line is she is a riot! No tears, called us mama, baba and gege. Shared her food with us - and laughs all the time. Seriously - she is so funny. I know part of this is from nerves - but since that is how I handle it, Iunderstand completely!

We couldn't wait to get back to the hotel - since then we have painted, colored, played with a little doll, fixed hair. And we have been back an hour.

Seriously - you cannot imagine how well this has gone. God, again, has blown me away with a gift that is better than I could imagine!!

Lots more - I hope this made sense. Pictures soon. We are about to have pizza - she says she likes it. She can already say Grayson - and she won't let me out of sight. She also told our guide that she likes us!

Again... more later. We are sooooooo HAPPY!!

No comments: