Important Timelines

Thursday, January 15, 2009

TWO YEARS!!



It is so great to take a day to really look back and remember where we were two years ago -- remembering our feelings (totally terrified on top of ecstatic) and rejoicing at how much fuller our lives are now.  We are settled, we are a very happy and comfortable family.  Which in todays world - means an awful lot.  

Tonight we celebrated with a cake - vanilla - not chocolate (Zoe hates chocolate.. I have not converted her yet)  watching movies and sharing memories.

The kids were a riot remembering being in China.  It makes me sad that there is so much Zoe Grace does not remember - it makes me so grateful that I am an absurdly abundant photographer at times.  We have tried to store it all up for her in pictures and words so she can go through it when she is ready.   She is amazing.  I am not sure what I expected two years down the road - but I do not think I would have been so bold to have hoped for how adjusted and joyful she is.  

We are so grateful that God has blessed our family this way.  And we are grateful for the family and friends that have been so supporting as we navigated this wild ride.

3 comments:

angie said...

cute pics!!

i can't belive it has been 2 years!! unreal :)

Bev said...

Two years WOW. I can only imagine how Blessed you all feel. What a beautiful family you have.

Happy New Year
Bev

Shanna said...

What a darling girl. It is amazing how quickly the two years have gone by for us too.
we had so much fun seeing y'all last night. I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!
Oh, and your blog.....you just won a blog award! Visit my blog for details!!
Hugs to you~