Important Timelines

Saturday, January 15, 2011

4 years ago


I have not posted on this blog in over a year. Not too long after my last post we lost my dad to lung cancer.. or chemo, really. He was such an avid participant in our lives and my blog - I just lost interest. But - the journey continues and it is fun to stop and think about where we have been and where we are going.

Today is our 4th Gotcha Day anniversary! Zoe has been so excited alllll day!! We went into Buckhead to Grand China Restaurant, like we did last year. The owner of the restaurant knows how to make the wonderful fluffy steamed buns or HunBao.. I believe. We love them and though I have come close...well, not really --there is just nothing like hers. We had a wonderful time! How time has flown!

All three of the kids are hybrid-homeschooled. It makes for an awesome and very busy life! They attend school several days a week and work though the assignments the rest of the week. This gives Zoe the extra time to attend Speech and her tutor for extra help.

She is in 4th grade and reading like crazy! More important - she is reading it AND understanding it!! We have come a very long way! We are so proud of her!!

We are just digging out of a very weird but wonderful snow - a week and we still have snow on the ground. 4 days most people were snowed in - the roads were too icy and it is the SOUTH -- we don't have snow plows! The kids had a blast!


1 comment:

Hagewoods said...

Audrey!

I was talking about you and Yongshang just this week!!! I hope you get this -- please email me if you can! Zoe is studying China this month at school and it has really given her renewed interest in keeping in touch with friends from Chuzhou! I would love to see if I can do a better job helping her write Yongshang and send pictures!

Hope you are doing well! So happy that Yongshang is doing so well in school!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Monica