Chase started classes this week at Clemson - beginning his Junior year. The difference is that this year is that he is moving into his own apartment. First - it was, can I take the bed, then the dresser, then the desk...well - you can imagine - it is a very empty room with the exception of an armoir and bookshelves. I looked at him as we were moving the desk out - and said "wow, you are really moving out"...and with a look of a little surprise himself he replied "yea, I guess I am". (He quickly made sure that I had a bed to put in there and that reminded me that the closet was FULL. ) Still it was strange - and as I stood in the hallway - looking at an almost empty room where my oldest was moving toward his own life and then looking toward Zoe's room, which is still almost empty (with the exception of an armoir!) as we prepare for her arrival, I thought what a strange collision of emotions and place in life.
My life has been rich - but it is truly weird sometimes.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment