Important Timelines

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Well, it was actually the I-797...

Imagine my surprise when I picked up the I-171 from David - and it was the I-797 instead!! I don't think I have been so stressed in a very long time!

But - God in His mercy saw me through hyper-venilation and tears to the sanity to call our agency. Apparently - Homeland Security has the option of using either form. Details, details, details. (However, while I am talking about Homeland Security - I want to take a moment to say that the Officer that handled our case was beyond wonderful. I thank God for her kindness!)

Grayson and I spent yesterday afternoon running with this precious "gold" in our hands to have the copy notarized, certified first by Fulton County, then certified by the Secretary of State. This is one of those moments when living in your states capitol is very handy. When I say "running" - I am talking about the kind where you can't breathe, you are sweating buckets...not the cute running around in a van thing.

I told Grayson we needed a miracle to get this to Houston yesterday. So, as we would stop by each stop - he would ask - "is it a miracle yet, mom?" As we were pounding pavement on our last stretch I answered him that "yes, this is all a giant miracle." and then I added - " did you notice that even though this is a giant miracle - God is not expecting us to just sit and wait for it to land in our laps (yes, I know - sometimes that is what we must do - this is a different lesson) but He was expecting us to participate!" God reminded me how often this is exactly the case - we have to move, to take action, while He delivers the miracle.

No comments: