Important Timelines

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Surprise Call

Believe it or not - as we pack for China I am posting about something that happened that has nothing to do with China or adoption at all. Just a chance to share.

I was in the pediatrician's office when my cell phone rang. It was Star Parker - live! I almost fell over. I had left a voice mail for her office about a website glitch. I am quite a fan of hers and enjoyed a few moments talking about her organization CURE. (I still CANNOT believe she called!) Most of you may not know her but she is interviewed on Fox News as a conservative black woman - who is seeking to promote change by faith and empowerment of our nations lower income population. She speaks from an amazing path of experience and credibility - she has walked where she now calls others to. I am inspired.

Anyway - I was quite excited! If you're curious about her organization her website is - www.urbancure.org Or just keep an eye out for her and her organization.

Now back to packing.....

No comments: