It is for real - actually happening! I have tickets (though I am not sure what the Delta agents - who have been wonderful - will do now!) in hand!!
We are leaving next Wednesday morning for Shanghai. We would so appreciate your prayers for safe travel (and minimal jet lag). Here is our itinerary - though there is always room for change in these things.
Jan 10: Leave Atlanta traveling to Los Angeles. From there we will travel to Tokyo - make another connection and arrive in Shanghai at 8:30 pm on Thursday. (about the time you all have had your second cup of coffee Thursday morning- I am thinking we will be incoherent)
Jan 12: Shanghai
Jan 13: Shanghai
Jan 14: Travel to Hefei - about an hour flight
Jan 15: Gotcha Day. This is when we meet Zoe Grace for the first time. After this - she will be with us the whole time - and we become a family of six!
Jan16: Paperwork
Jan 17: Nothing scheduled but we may go to Chuzhou - where Zoe Grace has grown up until now.
Jan 18: Tours
Jan 19: Travel to Guangzhou (location of the American Consulate) on a several hour flight
Jan 20-24: Some appointments and alot of free time. We will be staying at the White Swan, a hotel on Shamain Island which has become quite well known for the adoption crowd it attracts.
Jan 25: Swearing in at the American Consulate
Jan 26: Begin our return journey home - via Tokyo, Minneapolis and arriving in Atlanta just in time for rush hour on Friday afternoon.
Someday, perhaps I will be able to put into words how this (the waiting) part of the journey has stretched my understanding and relationship with God, of others and my capacity to wait. I am sure I will need it in my life. But for now - I am so very grateful God has chosen this time for us to go to China. And grateful really doesn't quite express it. Not even close.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment