I am sure many of you thought we fell of the face of the earth! The trip home was actually pretty easy - for 25 hours of traveling straight! Skylar and Zoe slept most of the way home and Skylar is doing much better. He was so amazing on the first leg of the trip as he was just miserable but kept going.
Zoe seemed to do fine and slept almost the whole way from Tokyo to Minneapolis! Unfortunately neither David or I were able to accomplish a moment's sleep!
Zoe seemed happy to finally be home - and readily met the neighbors who were waiting for these weary travelers. Sleeping at night however - has been another issue entirely! I was spoiled by her amazing sleep habits in China - which we CLEARLY left there. I am so sleep deprived I feel like we have a newborn! I am sure it will get better soon - she seems to be adapting quite quickly everywhere else. The good news is that it gives us cuddle time - which she was a little hesitant to share too much before.
We are deliriously happy to be home with our friends, family and neighbors and for those far away - we wish you were closer! The boys were so excited to go back to school - we were all eating breakfast together at 5 am and the bus doesn't come until 7! (okay - a little jetlag too)
More pictures tomorrow - I did post some more from Guangzhou on Flickr - just follow the link. It was an interesting market.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
We are so glad you all made it home safely! It was such a treat to see you guys at lunch today...we were all so excited to see you and meet Zoe. What a great surprise :) Zoe is even more beautiful in person (if that is possible) and so well behaved! We will be praying for the transition into your new life...I am sure things will get easier as Zoe gets acquainted.
With love, Angie
We are so excited you are home! We can't wait to meet Zoe (I feel a bit like I know her already from your pictures and blogs) and hear about your trip from all of you! Let us know when you are up for visitors and if we can ease the transition in any way...like a dinner drop-off...?
We love y'all!!
Gerry, Lisa, Taliesin, and Caedmon
Post a Comment