Important Timelines

Monday, February 12, 2007

Has it been a month?

A month ago we were anticipating meeting Zoe in just days. Wow - what can happen in a month. While we know our transition has been amazingly awesome and comparatively simple - we must admit that it has not been without it's challenges! (we could write a book on just the weekend before last! for, example, we found David's wedding ring in the kitchen garbage. The story got better...) I just have to say - and oh, I hope I do not have to eat my words - that it just seems that we have come soooo far in the last week. Zoe seems to be just so happy and comfortable with the family and where she fits in (which is perfectly) She even kissed Kelsie (our Giant Schnauzer) on the head ...very briefly! I am thinking a week more and they will be buddies.

We had my family over for dinner last night to celebrate my mom's birthday. Zoe happily sat between Grama and Grandpa and ate THREE plates of spaghetti before we said enough! She helped blow out the candles and decided chocolate cake was a good thing (smart girl). She seems to be figuring out the family structure and we have spent some time looking through photo albums - where she can pick out everyone she has met. We are hoping to get to Nashville very soon so that she can meet David's family and her Granny. I am sure when she finds out she has even MORE cousins (oh, if she only really knew how many are out there!!) she will be beside herself.

Tonight we made Valentines - and she had to show her Daddy (yes, she is calling him Daddy) every single one as she finished. There were 21.

To all who have emailed, prayed, and called - thank you- more than you know. You can't imagine how much your support and encouragement means to everyone of us.

2 comments:

Lori Hagewood said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful thoughts! How are the boys doing at this point? Are they still liking having her around? I was actually really curious about how she reacted to Kelsie - I'm so glad she wasn't terrified! Can't wait for you guys to come to Nashville ... yesterday just isn't soon enough! :-)

Hagewoods said...

Well, actally - she was terrified. But... it is getting better. Thank goodness.